Wichita State looking into women’s basketball transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxtastic View Post
    I disagree. I think its HIGHLY relevant to the entire situation. But not for the reasons they think it is.
    Yeah I might need that one explained to me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      Am I the only one who finds that picture just a little creepy?
      Explain that too please

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Explain that too please
        I'm assuming those are all the MVC head coaches, correct?

I get that there would be a degree of camaraderie among MVC coaches, but that looks like a pic a group of close friends would take on a vacation or something. Just kind of weird.

Comment

I'm assuming those are all the MVC head coaches, correct?

I get that there would be a degree of camaraderie among MVC coaches, but that looks like a pic a group of close friends would take on a vacation or something. Just kind of weird.
          I thought you were talking about the popcorn picture

Comment

• A little creepy? I find it a LOT creepy as well as incredibly unprofessional, immature and disrespectful to President Bardo, whose office has said that he is taking the concerns seriously and looking into their validity. Apparently, JA and her ilk in the MVC find them humorous. That kind of flippant arrogance is perhaps why players voiced nearly identical complaints about JA in 2009 and again in 2012, including by two of the former players who've come out in her defense.

There may have been others lodged at times that, because they were less public, aren't know. Maya Angelou once said that when people tell you who they are, you should believe them the first time. I happen to agree with her.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I count 7 who used all 4 of their years of college eligibility as Shockers under Jody. 6 of those were recruited by Jody and 1 was recruited by Jane Albright. There were 7 Juco transfers that played there final 2 years of eligibility as Shockers for Jody. We had 1 D-1 transfer who sat out 1 year and graduated after playing 1 year with 1 year of eligibility remaining (Darice Fountaine).

Here is the list by Senior Season showing how many years they were at Wichita State.
              * - Player inherited from Jane Albright
              ** - Years at WSU includes a redshirt year or transfer year

2008-09:
              Daria Frazier - 1 Year*
              Marcy Sudbeck - 1 Year*

2009-10:
              Marissah Henderson - 2 Years
              Ashley Gladden - 2 Years

2010-11:
              Morgan Boyd - 2 Years

2011-12:
              Haleigh Lankster - 4 Years*
              Alicia Sanchez - 3 Years**

2012-13:
              Jessica Diamond - 4 Years
              Jazimen Gordon - 4 Years
              Chynna Turner - 4 Years
              Darice Fountaine - 2 Years**
              Jasmine Jones - 2 Years
              Nicole Wells - 2 Years

2013-14:
              Michelle Price - 5 Years**

2014-15:
              Kelsey Jacobs - 5 Years**
              Alex Harden - 4 Years
              Jamillah Bonner - 2 Years

Players currently on the roster:
              Jr. Jaleesa Chapel - 2 Years
              So. Aundra Stovall - 1 Year
              Jr. Brittany Martin - 1 Year
              So. Diamond Lockhart - 1 Year**
              So. Rangie Bessard - 0.5 Year**

Source: Year-end rosters on GoShockers.com

So....from this, I take it that in her 7 year tenure, only 17 players have opted to complete their eligibility under HCJA, while 24 have decided, at great cost to themselves, to leave the program. What a devastating statistic!
              An even more telling fact might be that of the 17 who stayed, only 3 or 4 have been willing to speak out and assert that the coach is not abusive.

When I say that transfering occurs at great personal cost, I refer to several things. First, they most often must leave Wichita, and the friends and boyfriends they have there. Second, most transfers face the loss of credit hours. Third, because of HCJAs long-standing policy of not releasing players' scholarships, they must pay for their first year of school at the new school themselves ($20-40,000. yikes!) If they cannot afford that, leaving costs them the exquisitely high price of giving up on their dream of playing Division I college basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by trshock View Post
                A little creepy? I find it a LOT creepy as well as incredibly unprofessional, immature and disrespectful to President Bardo, whose office has said that he is taking the concerns seriously and looking into their validity. Apparently, JA and her ilk in the MVC find them humorous. That kind of flippant arrogance is perhaps why players voiced nearly identical complaints about JA in 2009 and again in 2012, including by two of the former players who've come out in her defense.

There may have been others lodged at times that, because they were less public, aren't know. Maya Angelou once said that when people tell you who they are, you should believe them the first time. I happen to agree with her.
                Its like you read my mind....

Comment

• So... I guess the statement "Respectfully, it’s not appropriate for me to comment at this time,” said Adams" No longer applies??

Comment

• Judging by Sullentrop's Twitter feed, he found it kind of odd too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                      Judging by Sullentrop's Twitter feed, he found it kind of odd too.
                      Paul Suellentrop @PaulS:uellentrop · 10h 10 hours ago

I'm not surprised coaches are supporting coaches, although some of these MVC coaches will likely use this inquiry to their advantage in recruiting. I am surprised the MVC is using its official Twitter accounts to, apparently, influence an inquiry requested by Wichita State president John Bardo and executed by the faculty athletic rep. Is this the MVC's place to take sides in university business?

Comment

• Jeff and Jamin kind of befuddled by the actions of the Valley coaches as well. Discussion starts at about the 24 minute mark:

Comment

• http://www.kansas.com/news/local/education/article20110065.html

L
                          ooks like there is more going on in the background.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but the only thing going on here is a professional student who has never held a real job, whose only contribution has been to drive up the cost of education by being a state sponsored non-educator since he graduated with his degree in fitness and leisure management from Kearney State having a bad case of sour grapes that his gravy train career as a non-producer has come to an end at WSU.

Unfortunately, some other University will probably hire him to do nothing as well.

Comment

• Pseudo-update:

Dani Welniak @KWCHDani
                              Just got off the phone with Wichita State officials. They tell us they may have an update on Jody Adams in 24 hours.

Comment

Pseudo-update:
                                An update could be just about anything. The last update was that the inquiry was continuing and they thought they were moving in the right direction. Could just be a repeat of that statement although this sounds a little bit more substantial than that:

However, the quote is that Dr. Bardo "may" be releasing an update. Previously WSU said Dr. Bardo would not be commenting on this until Julie Scherz' review was completed. I don't know if that stance has changed or if there is a chance Julie will finish up by sometime tomorrow and therefore a comment "may" be forthcoming.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 4, 2015, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X